- Sangeeta Bijlani is a veteran model and Bollywood actress who was born and raised by a Sindhi family.
- She loves to consume alcohol.
- She had won many beauty titles like Campa Princess, Bombay Harbour, Jaycees Queen and Eagle Queeen in the school and college days.
- In 1980, Sangeeta Bijlani won the title of Miss India in Seoul, South Korea and she also participated in Miss Universe contest where she won “Best National Costume Award” which was designed by her mother.
- She started modeling at very early age. At the age of 16 she participated in “Dettol Soap” ad.
- She has featured in many TVC for popular brands like Nirma, Vicco Turmeric, Graviera Suitings, Cadbury, Fem Insto Bleach, Campa Cola, Colgate, Pond’s Dreamflower Talc Powder & Soap etc.
- Sangeeta Bijlani started her acting career back in 1988 from the movie named “Qatil”.
- She is known for “Bijli” as she got her nickname due to strong and powerfull ramp walk.
- Sangeeta Bijlani is a successful model but unfortunately an unsuccessful actress.
- She worked in many movies like Tridev, Hathyar, Yodha, jurm, Izzat, Khoon Ka Karz, Gunehgar Kaun and others.
- She had a long 10 years relationship with Bollywood superstart Salman Khan. Later in 1986 she got married to cricketer and politician Azharuddin.
- In 1991, she worked in a Kannada Movie “Police Mathu Daada”.
- In 2009, she struggled for her husband for the Lok Sabha elections, who was nominated from Moradabad.